Remember that time you had to email the race director to change your event distance to the 5k from the Half Marathon? Or needed to change your shirt size? Or even ask if you could transfer your registration to someone else because you found something better to do? Guess what? You can do all of those things and more yourself with RunSignUp.com, UTSE’s preferred registration platform. Here is a list of things you can edit in your registration through your Run Sign Up account (that you created the first time you registered for a race on RSU):
- Personal information (because sometimes we forget how old we are)
- Race distance (and pay the difference in fees if the new one is higher. Refunds are not given if it’s the other way around)
- Shirt Size
- Transfer your race registration to someone else
- Add email or text message results notification, if available
- Make a store purchase that you forgot during the registation process
Some of these options may vary based on the event but below you will find set by step instructions to your new-found registration editing freedom!
- Log in to the account you created on RunSignUp.com when you registered for the event (or the first registration hosted on RunSignUp.com).
- Click on ‘Profile’ in the upper right hand corner
- Click on ‘My Registered Races’ under Runner Links towards the bottom of the page on the left side.
- Locate the event that you wish to change something in your registration (shirt size, distance, transfer your entry to someone else). These options will always be available for UTSE events but only until a certain date, usually 2 weeks before the event.
- Click on ‘View/Edit Registration’ next to the name of the person for which the change needs to be made (if you registered someone else along with yourself they will show as well)
- A new page will pop up that looks much like the registration page
- Your options are in the menu on the left;
- To change your shirt size, click ‘Giveaway’
- To change your race distance, click ‘Transfer Event’
- To transfer your registration to someone else click ‘Transfer to Another Runner’ (fees may apply)
- To add an email or mobile number for results notifications, click ‘Result Notification’
- To add or change your team, click ‘Teams’
- To make a purchase from the store (like a medal or hat, when available) click on ‘Store”
- Always be sure to complete the process. You’ll know you’re done when you receive a change confirmation 🙂
Ta Da! No more waiting for the race director to make those changes for you and wondering if it will actually get done!